




Easter Sunday was Amazing! We had 13 people baptized and they were so excited! I didn’t know we were baptizing so while I was setting up my Sunday School classroom before the kids came lots of these people started coming to my empty Sunday School room dripping wet wanting to change. I was wondering what in the world they were doing! Then I walked into the sanctuary and I saw that people were going under the water and coming up speaking in tongues! It was so amazing. The song service was SO EXCITING! Our church floors are dirt so dust was going everywhere from people stomping and dancing up a storm. Everyone was so excited to be praising the Lord! My daddy preached, I wasn’t in there but I heard it was very good! I am not sure how many people got saved but I know there were lots of people that gave their lives to God!
Sunday School didn’t
go quite as smooth as big church. Mrs. Susan and I were the only teachers for around 150 kids. I was ready for every single one of them. My plan was tell a story, color a picture, then watch a movie for the remainder of the service. Great plan, huh? It would have been if Daisy (Mrs.Susan’s daughter) hadn’t been interrupting her translation making it almost impossible for her to listen to my words and translate, the coloring pages hadn’t flown everywhere, and the sound cor
ds were no where to be found for the projector. What ended up happening was a good story (half translated), half the kids coloring a picture, and the remainder of the children watching a Veggie Tales movie with no sound (in a room that wasn’t completely dark and I was using a projector.) We had many children saved and even though my stress level was at 10 it seemed to go ok. I forgot to do a memory verse. I usually do one every week and if they remember it the next week they get candy, and I forgot to do it this week. All in all though, God was lifted up and the day was great!
On Easter night we showed the Passion of the Christ. The tent was packed and many many people gave their lives to the Lord! Thank Jesus for dying on the cross for our sins!
Nanny left Nairobi not before decorating the church with beautiful flowers! I have a few photos of how the church looks with all the beautiful flowers and Julius, the hands of the operation, showing off his work! The church is looking great! My dad said from the very beginning he wanted our compound to be an oasis from the outside world. It has become just that! It seems my dad is always coming home saying they prayed with someone at the church or Julius prayed with someone!

The family is doing GREAT! Evan and my spring break was this week and we enjoyed to the fullest. Well all but those 2 out of 3 games of Risk that I lost, I didn’t enjoy that very much. Reese is doing fantastic! She is speaking more and more English and she is getting more emotion in her words! Of course she is still as silly as ever!
I think I have e
xplained everything all but the picture of Pastor Safari and his brothers. To the immediate right of Pastor Safari is Atacasses, he is our gardener. Then right next to Attacases is Wesley, he was working at the church but he is in the hospital right now so pray for him. Then to the left of P. Safari is Grahm, he doesn’t live here he lives upcountry.
I love and miss everyone there! I hope everything is well! Thank you all for your comments I really appreciate them! You are my support group! I show people at school my blog and then make them read my comments because I am so proud of my church family! I miss you all greatly! Have a good Spring Conferen
ce, or as Chantel put it Winter Conference! :0) 

Sunday School didn’t
go quite as smooth as big church. Mrs. Susan and I were the only teachers for around 150 kids. I was ready for every single one of them. My plan was tell a story, color a picture, then watch a movie for the remainder of the service. Great plan, huh? It would have been if Daisy (Mrs.Susan’s daughter) hadn’t been interrupting her translation making it almost impossible for her to listen to my words and translate, the coloring pages hadn’t flown everywhere, and the sound cor
ds were no where to be found for the projector. What ended up happening was a good story (half translated), half the kids coloring a picture, and the remainder of the children watching a Veggie Tales movie with no sound (in a room that wasn’t completely dark and I was using a projector.) We had many children saved and even though my stress level was at 10 it seemed to go ok. I forgot to do a memory verse. I usually do one every week and if they remember it the next week they get candy, and I forgot to do it this week. All in all though, God was lifted up and the day was great!
On Easter night we showed the Passion of the Christ. The tent was packed and many many people gave their lives to the Lord! Thank Jesus for dying on the cross for our sins!Nanny left Nairobi not before decorating the church with beautiful flowers! I have a few photos of how the church looks with all the beautiful flowers and Julius, the hands of the operation, showing off his work! The church is looking great! My dad said from the very beginning he wanted our compound to be an oasis from the outside world. It has become just that! It seems my dad is always coming home saying they prayed with someone at the church or Julius prayed with someone!

The family is doing GREAT! Evan and my spring break was this week and we enjoyed to the fullest. Well all but those 2 out of 3 games of Risk that I lost, I didn’t enjoy that very much. Reese is doing fantastic! She is speaking more and more English and she is getting more emotion in her words! Of course she is still as silly as ever!
I think I have e
xplained everything all but the picture of Pastor Safari and his brothers. To the immediate right of Pastor Safari is Atacasses, he is our gardener. Then right next to Attacases is Wesley, he was working at the church but he is in the hospital right now so pray for him. Then to the left of P. Safari is Grahm, he doesn’t live here he lives upcountry.I love and miss everyone there! I hope everything is well! Thank you all for your comments I really appreciate them! You are my support group! I show people at school my blog and then make them read my comments because I am so proud of my church family! I miss you all greatly! Have a good Spring Conferen
ce, or as Chantel put it Winter Conference! :0) 

9 comments:
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!
Thanks for the new pictures outside the tent. Do you have any new ones inside? What a terrific blog! Makes me want to sing, makes me want to dance, makes me want to raise my hands and shout! I'm sure there's a song in there somewhere - love you all! The Watkins family
Wow! I have been waiting for this update with much anticipation :) You guys all looked great in all the pics...what a picture perfect family. I'm sure you handled the sunday school very well but sorry you were stressed. Thank you for your comment it meant a lot to me! I love you and can't wait to see you in october! It'll be here before you know it!
hi! great update. i plan on printing it out and putting it in each nursery to remind us to be thankful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :0
a garden! i love gardens! what is growing? love the picture of reese with the corn! we love you guys and think of you often.hugs and prayers,the pachecos
hey beautiful hottie!! that is so awesome that a lot of ppl came to the services and got saved...even though u were stressed im sure u handled it very well cuz you're alainna!! u rock!!! i like the pic of u and ur dad!! its a really good pic of u....and i always love the funny face pics of the jones girls!! beautiful!! well love the update but love u more!!!!!
I am so glad for the update. I have been waiting for it. Your new family looks great. I love the new look in front of the church. Pastor Jones had announced that Ms. Marie did put some flowers in front. It looks great. Spring Conference was wonderful, Very refreshing. Tell your mom and dad we say hello. Love you all and God Bless.
The Polk's
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAIN!!! We miss you all and love you all. 17 WOW!!! I hope you had a great day.
Hey! Happy Happy Birthday (Very very Late...sorry about that) But I hope you had a great birthday! I love You Lots!
Hi Lain! how's it going? I haven't left a comment in so long and I haven't talked to you in forever!! Your new little sister is SOOO cute!!! and as always, your blog is the coolest out there!! Miss you and love you!
hello Laina are you still out there? I think it is time for a update we miss you
Post a Comment