








A series of WONDERFUL events have been taking place in this beaUtiful land of Nairobi, Kenya! I feel that as busy as we’ve been I could have walked across the Atlantic Ocean and back and I would be less exhausted! I will first start with the most important new addition to our family, Reese Jones! She has been living in our humble abode for one week and 4 days. I know I could never answer all the questions everyone has in this single report but I will try and do my best to be detailed and fill in a little bit of everything. Reese is a very energetic little girl to say the least! She has a lot of energy and loves to play! She could spend hours outside and never get tired, actually she has. Although one very nice thing about her personality is that she will calm down if you need her too. for example, when me and Evan play a game on the Xbox she will just sit down by us and watch, without complaining a bit. This aspect of her personality greatly differs her from a 2 year old and makes the transition a bit easier that she isn’t always high strung! Our first day here was a very exciting day. It was one of those days that there is just so much taking place but in all actuality there isn’t a whole lot taking place. Does that make sense? We were at the house most of the day. Trying to get Reese settled in and welcoming my parents and papa home from India! She did very good meeting the house and all its contents except for one thing, Franklin, our miniature poodle. As soon as she saw him she screamed and began bawling! She never minded stray dogs that just lay around in India but even though Franklin is near 8 years old he is very hyper. Reese could not take this little white ball of fur with a face jumping on her and running around. By now, almost 2 weeks later she is used to Franklin and likes him. She was even playing with our big pointer, Simba, and Rodesian ridgeback/rotweiler, Luke, for a while until she had food in her hand one day and the dogs wouldn’t stop chasing her. She said right then and there she didn’t want anything to do with those dogs.
The food has not been bothering her one bit! In fact she loves hot dogs and pancakes. Pretty much everything Brenna and Regan love she seems to like too! That works out well for us because we can kind of predict what she will and won’t like. She has had a bit of a hard time chewing meat and such because she didn’t do a lot of chewing in the orphanage. They eat mostly rice and porridge that doesn’t involve using your teeth. By now though she seems to be completely adapted to the food!
Reese has taken to our family very well! It was a bit slow at first getting used to so many people touching her and trying to play with her and telling her what to do, but she is adapted really well to all of that! Now she will run up to us and throw her arms around our necks!
I think from an American observers point of view the most interesting thing about my new little sister is her craziness between languages! It is so funny to listen to her she will say something like “Franklin is gashubuzaded!” and sometimes she will rattle off whole conversation in Hindi and throwing a little bit of English words in there every once and a while. It is the most funny thing to listen to!
We are getting along very well! Of course there is a lot of adjusting with a fifth member of the family. I have set the table for one less person countless times just forgetting there was someone to seat! But all in all we are having a lot of fun with her! I am very glad and feel very blessed to have her!


On a whole nother subject and actually I wouldn’t blaim anyone if you want to stop reading now, here is a bit of news about me and school. Friday was a game with our school against one of our biggest rivals! It was my first day of school that it was seriously SCHOOL SPIRIT DAY! I mean everyone was going all out. Our girls varsity in soccer was against another team and I know so many people on the team I couldn’t help but stay to support! We had so much fun! We painted our faces and made signs and hats and did so much stuff! I have never screamed quite so much! It was a lot of fun! I am enjoying school a lot! Today I tried out for girls volleyball and am really hoping I make JV but if you don’t hear anything about it from this point out if you don’t hear anything about it, it means I didn’t make it and don’t want to talk about it anymore :0). But even if I don’t make it I will have tried my very hardest and at least I had a blast for one week during tryouts! I am having a lot of fun with school! The homework has kept me up late nights and made me really busy! You all know how much of a family girl I am so having to sacrifice family time is not something I really like to do.
The food has not been bothering her one bit! In fact she loves hot dogs and pancakes. Pretty much everything Brenna and Regan love she seems to like too! That works out well for us because we can kind of predict what she will and won’t like. She has had a bit of a hard time chewing meat and such because she didn’t do a lot of chewing in the orphanage. They eat mostly rice and porridge that doesn’t involve using your teeth. By now though she seems to be completely adapted to the food!
Reese has taken to our family very well! It was a bit slow at first getting used to so many people touching her and trying to play with her and telling her what to do, but she is adapted really well to all of that! Now she will run up to us and throw her arms around our necks!
I think from an American observers point of view the most interesting thing about my new little sister is her craziness between languages! It is so funny to listen to her she will say something like “Franklin is gashubuzaded!” and sometimes she will rattle off whole conversation in Hindi and throwing a little bit of English words in there every once and a while. It is the most funny thing to listen to!
We are getting along very well! Of course there is a lot of adjusting with a fifth member of the family. I have set the table for one less person countless times just forgetting there was someone to seat! But all in all we are having a lot of fun with her! I am very glad and feel very blessed to have her!


On a whole nother subject and actually I wouldn’t blaim anyone if you want to stop reading now, here is a bit of news about me and school. Friday was a game with our school against one of our biggest rivals! It was my first day of school that it was seriously SCHOOL SPIRIT DAY! I mean everyone was going all out. Our girls varsity in soccer was against another team and I know so many people on the team I couldn’t help but stay to support! We had so much fun! We painted our faces and made signs and hats and did so much stuff! I have never screamed quite so much! It was a lot of fun! I am enjoying school a lot! Today I tried out for girls volleyball and am really hoping I make JV but if you don’t hear anything about it from this point out if you don’t hear anything about it, it means I didn’t make it and don’t want to talk about it anymore :0). But even if I don’t make it I will have tried my very hardest and at least I had a blast for one week during tryouts! I am having a lot of fun with school! The homework has kept me up late nights and made me really busy! You all know how much of a family girl I am so having to sacrifice family time is not something I really like to do.

Also my garndparents brought in a wonderful asset to our sunday school, a parachute! Many thanks to whom ever sent that with them! We had so much fun on Sunday playing with it! I mean it was so exciting! i wasn't feeling very well but the adrenaline rush of playing with them just lit me up! They liked it so much! Church is going great! I love church!




I can’t believe it is already the middle of MARCH! My goodness! I am such a slacker with this blog stuff! I miss you guys so much and can’t wait until conference!! I will be there! I love and miss you all!
7 comments:
Hey Lain, everything sounds great! I'm soooooo excited to see Reshma, or should I say Reese, cute! :) I'm happy you like school! People either love it or hate it, I don't think that there is a middle ground to, I'm happy your happy! Your so lovely! Can't wait to see your lovely face at conference! Tell your dad and Evan HAPPY WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY from me and everyone in the office! Love you so much ttyl.
Dear Alainna:
We're so happy for your and your family - what a blessing to have a LITTLE sister! Let's see...that means you're still the boss right? Just teasing...does this mean that Evan is going to be outvoted now? It will be wonderful to see you all again and meet the newest addition. Say "hello" to all your family from all of us. God bless you. The Watkins family
hey lain! wow so much has happened! I'm so happy for all of you! Sometimes I sit here looking at your blog and I remember the time I found out that you were leaving me for africa. I remember how hard it was but I am sooo happy for you and your family! You guys are doing sooo many great things for God! Sometimes it's hard to believe that you are actually over there in africa! I want to tell you how proud I am of you and to keep on doing exactly what your doing! Your wonderful at it! How exciting that God is using you in such a powerful and mighty way! Ok well I think maybe I should've emailed this to you :) Sorry it's a bit long! I love You so much and tell the family the same and give Reese a big hug for me!
yeah!!!!!!!! how very exciting!and great and wonderful! God is so very good. glad reese got used to the dogs! that was quite a story. :) we are so very happy for you all. and trust you will continue to do well in school and reese will continue to grow and adjust. we love you. and keep you in prayer. np///////// p.s. it was worth waiting for this update!
hey beautiful hottie!!! its about time!! u took 4ever to update!!! just joking...i dont have much to talk cuz im a slacker too but we have excuses cuz we actually have lives so we dont have much time to update our blogs everyday.....but anywayz its good to hear from you and to see how u guys are doin....well reese is so cute!! i love the name! reese!! yeah! its awesome! u have to teach her that word by the way..."awesome!"....tell her i love her! give her a bug smooch for me! well u look like your having fun at school! im glad someone is! i hate sierra so much but i like Pikes Peak so its okay... well i dont know what else to say! well i cant wait to see u at conference! it will be great! well tell Pastor Jones and Mrs. Marie to have fun! and to not worry at all about us over here....tell them to relax....they are doing a great job and so is all of the pastors here....tell them we love them i.a.b.!! and u too and your family!....love ya i.a.b.! oh yeah...i almost forgot! can u pray for this guy at school...i think his name is Cole but i dont remember....well anywayz...he had a brain anurism over the weekend...my mom was surprised to know that he was still alive after that cuz most ppl die from brain anurisms but he thankfully didnt but he is undergoing brain surgery in texas at one of the major hospitals down there so just plz keep him in prayer and his family and friends too...thanx a bunches!(and tell jess not to feel bad about her long comments cuz mine are always REALLY REALLY long!
Hey,
That is so exciting that Reese is finally with your family, she is sooo.. pretty, and a cutie. We had been prying that everything went through, I am so very much excited for you all, God is good. Nice parachute I bet the kids are loving it. It is exciting seeing all the kids using it. Can't wait to see the next update.
Hey lain, this blog was well worth the wait. The pictures are great and reese is just beautiful. I am glad she is adjusting well. I know everyone here can not wait to meet her. Tell you parents Hello from us and Happy B-day to your dad. I am glad you are liking school also. Hope you get to do volleyball, you will have so much fun. God Bless
Love Lynda P and family.
Post a Comment