Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A wee bit later lads





This is a tad bit behind schedule, but I have been so busy! Here is my super duper Christmas report. I tell you what I had the best Christmas of all time this year! It began with a VERY long plane trip into Colorado Springs. We ended up making a medical emergency landing from London to Denver into Canada. Ouch is what we said, it added an extra 4 hours onto out already 9 hour flight. It ended up ok and actually we didn’t have jet lag too bad following into the night.

Shortly after I arrived I called up some of my homies and we arranged a meet and greet at the Mohrmann’s house (they just keep tryin to convert us, we have to make them think it is working, it includes free food) I hadn’t seen beloved Jess in O’ so long! It was quite a necessary time. Lucky that very same day all of Alaska hit Colorado Springs and we get snowed in. What a fun party we had that night. But before night fall we couldn’t even think about not hitting the slopes (a small hill a short walk from the house) as soon as Chantel and Nikki put the sled in the snow and sat on it they sunk deep into it and I could barely see their heads. The snow was so deep. It really was a fun adventure though.

The real fun came as my family…and I headed out to Texas! Oh my, from start to finish during those 2 ½ weeks we had a blast! I have got the coolest family it makes me want to apologize to everyone else who doesn’t have them. We had so much fun just sitting around talking and being the wonderful Rogers clan we are. Three of my guy cousins are all above 6’5…ouch! And we all thought I was going to be tall. Let me tell you what they are cute too. I gotta watch out for all my friends if they ever see them in person! All of my family is so wonderful Yaya and Grandpa Gordon were so much fun! We played boggle into the wee hours of the morning (thanks Hasbro) and the food was awesome. Any weight that I had lost this year was loaded back on as soon as Uncle Wayne started lightin’ the grill, which was every night and every morning! We ate and ate and slept and talked and played games and watched the closer and talked and beat some eggs, and man it was a blast! I LOVE MY FAMILY!

Now we can’t forget about my last Thursday night! I was privileged to be taken to dinner but 12 runners up for the Miss America pageant. Oh my goodness. I can’t believe I was in their company!
I must admit I felt a bit out of place especially my face, but it was so much fun! We went to TGI Fridays and I highly recommend it, as Campbell’s soup says “MMMMMM GOOD!”

I have had a great time in the States! Sometimes I wonder what I did to deserve such great family and friends! Jesus paid it all for me, if it wasn’t for him, I have no idea where I would be or how my family and friends would be. Thank God for sending his son!

I miss you all! Hope you have a super day!

6 comments:

Chantelly said...

Lovely update Dear Lain :) Great pics and great DOWNLOW of your adventures is the grand ole' U.S. Love you so much!

Anonymous said...

what a grand time you had. you girls are all beautiful. glad you could make it work. the pictures from that night were fun to see. thanks for sharing them. glad you were here. love you all. np

Anonymous said...

Hey Lain! I watched American Idol tonight, and thought of you! This new season is chock full of crazy people who can't sing... Well, hope you have a wonderful day at school. Keep me informed on how it's going. All the pics look great! LOVE YOU!

brislife said...

Hey buddie, Hows it going being back in Kenya? You are so hot in those pictures from thursday. You look just like Aurora, i tell you. Well i miss you.talk to you soon.Love ya

Anonymous said...

Hey Love.... I wrote you a comment the other day but It didn't get on here!!! So I just thought since I'm at school, I would leave you another one. I had soooo much fun when you were here.. It seems like you had such an adventurous holiday with your family...They sound soo cool!!! Can I be related to you????LOL!! Well I can't wait until we meet again to hang out:) I love you so much and Tell your family nicole said Jumbo:):)
~Nicole

Anonymous said...

Hey Love.... I wrote you a comment the other day but It didn't get on here!!! So I just thought since I'm at school, I would leave you another one. I had soooo much fun when you were here.. It seems like you had such an adventurous holiday with your family...They sound soo cool!!! Can I be related to you????LOL!! Well I can't wait until we meet again to hang out:) I love you so much and Tell your family nicole said Jumbo:):)
~Nicole