
I have landed on Czech Republic soil. The flight over here was a bit chaotic. Especially the part in London when I had to find Papa! British people are not very nice in the least to Americans…even us cute ones! I had been in the London airport THREE hours before I finally got to Papa who landed shortly after I had. It really was a miracle that I found him. Not too long after finding him, only five hours, we were off to Prague , Czech Republic . The short hour and half long flight went very fast compared to my expected eight hour flight. As we landed I looked at my list of flight times, unfortunately finding that our next plane left a mere 30 minutes later. Having flown a few times I knew that was going to be near impossible for me and Papa to make it to our next flight…guess we’d be walking to Ostrava . As we walked off the airplane in Prague ready to make a run for wherever we needed to go a woman (or how Papa words it “An Angel”) was standing by the door with a sign that read “Ron and Alainna Jones going to Ostrava .” We both looked at her with eyes so happy they could have been slapped off our faces. She then took us through all necessary checks and sent us to our gate. We made our connecting flight in less than 15 minutes, a sure miracle!
This was my last flight for the next 2 ½ weeks, I was going to Ostrava . I had so many nerves I didn’t know what to do with myself! I didn’t know what to expect and really just wanted to get there and know everything there was to know about the city. Soon enough me and Papa got there. I took a few pictures of the plane and of course myself before going to the baggage claim. We waited and waited for our bags soon to realize none of them had made it in the small plane. We were without clothes!
Pastor Oscar and Helena picked us up and the airline gave me and Papa $70 each to spend on necessary clothes. We booked it to a shopping center at 9:00 P.M. Papa quickly got everything he needed but I was another story. The next day was Sunday so I had to find something for church, and it had to be CUTE! I did end up finding everything I needed. We were out of there in no time flat and in bed ready for the next day.
Sunday morning I went to church by myself with Pastor Oscar and Helena. My biggest surprise about the country was how clean it was. I am not sure what I expected, maybe something more like Kenya . I surely didn’t expect it to look like London . I really didn’t put the puzzle pieces together that this was Europe . There were very nice roads, trams, buildings, gorgeous parks and foliage. All the people were dressed very stylish…they have the states beat by far in style. Also many people were walking dogs. I don’t mean just a few almost everyone was walking at least one dog. They later explained to me that since almost everyone lives in apartments their dogs don’t get out much.Church was also not quite what I expected but better. I guess I have lived in Kenya for quite awhile because I expect everywhere overseas to be the same way. I thought they would have a church that was rather large like out in a park somewhere I guess. I think it is quite funny now that I look back. But no, they had a very nice building on the side of a busy street. It holds about 300 people. It is right above a bar and actually surrounded by them. It was an old disco so the walls are painted black with splattered white all over. It even had a dance floor in the middle…converted to an altar of course.

They had just begun Sunday morning service so the crowd was a bit low because gypsies are not used to waking up early. A problem to be fixed with time. It was a good service. That afternoon we came back for another service that was quite full! Many gypsies were praising God with full esteem! Papa preached a great sermon and so many people got saved. When he called for special prayer it was amazing to see how many people were sick or needed something. They absolutely love to be layed hands on. I think that if they had stubbed their toe that morning it was license enough to need prayer and they would for surely go up to be prayed for. They are very tender people!
I soon discovered that outside our hotel was a small market which sold fruits and vegetables. Although there is no one in the entire country except for Helena that speaks English (that may be an understatement, just kidding) I did manage to buy me some peaches and watermelon! Their fruits were delicious! Pastor Oscar and Helena even have lots of fruit trees in their backyard. Their apple tree was producing when we were there and I got to pick an apple from it! Although my braces didn’t allow for me to just bite right in, it did taste good!
The Ostrava church was very good! I really enjoyed it! They had a crusade while we were there, papa preached it. Many people new people got saved and I believe many got filled with the Holy Spirit. God really moved and is continuing to move in Czech.
Before I forget I also got compared to Lawanda who has a preaching show or something there. But also they said “I looked like an angel.” I for surely know that is the truth! :0).
When we drove into Slovakia we all went to our hotel. After we got the room key and opened the doors we quickly realized that the rooms were way too small. Although we thought we could just wing it and life would go on dandy! The only problem was that night when there were people downstairs until midnight in a bar smoking and the smoke was coming up the floors. Papa was not too thrilled about that so we went hotel searching. Sooner than later we found a very nice one right next to the building they use for church on Sundays! We snatched that up quick. Thank God we found it otherwise we would have been needing some medical attention for our lungs when we came back.
Slovakia was amazing to say the least. That is a country in desperate need of God. They are definitely having revival over there. The first place we went to was a building out in a village. Its max occupancy by fire department law would be an estimate of 200. There had to have been packed at least 600 people in there and about 200 standing outside. You see the desperateness in the eyes of the people. They wanted a touch of God so immensely! Their praising was so genuine. They reminded me a lot of Kenyans.
We had two open air services the following nights. They were crazy. The first night as the service was almost to a close there broke out a huge fight with baseball bats flying like crazy. Come to find out a 12 year old had provoked many 17 year olds. Obviously not the brightest bulb in the box. My eyes were wide and as everyone asked me what I thought…I honestly answered “That was actually kind of cool!” Now when I consider that someone got hurt that wasn’t cool at all but come on we pay at home to see people fight like that.
God’s anointing still remained in the place all until the next night when we had another service. God was seriously moving. People got healed of deaf ears, paralyzed legs, and so many things.
The country of Slovakia is really another European country. It was so nice! I couldn’t believe how nice it was. I really wasn’t expecting such a modern place. They even had T-Mobile! There ice cream really was something to talk about also! The best darn ice cream i have ever had in my entire life! I ate enough for my entire life too! I really enjoyed Slovakia .

Slovakia was great. God is moving and Pastor Emil is doing a great job preaching our Lord Jesus over there!
The day after we got back from the States was Papa's birthday! I sang him a few songs when he woke up then we went to a resteraunt that he really liked. Pastor Nigt and Helena dressed up all nice! It was a very nice suprise and i know he enjoyed it!
Flying back to the States was very exciting. I hadn’t seen my parents for almost 2 ½ weeks! That moment couldn’t come soon enough. We got all our bags coming back and I saw my parents! AHHH MAN! I just remembered eating at Applebees after we arrived and I got hungry for some chicken
7 comments:
You're Back I Missed You!!!!!!!!!
wow. i am so excited to read this again. i read too fast and miss stuff so i need to go over again!how exciting to go there with your grandpa! what a time, you are blessed. love you guys. it was so nice to see you. have a great week,np
ok. i read it! all the way thru. renee said too that when she went to gypsy church service all she could do was smile! it was awesome.she truly would love to go back. glad you had such a great time. eye opening and shocking and overwhelming all at same time. isn't nice God sends those angels at those unexpected times.(airport) God is good. how has your tummy adjusted to being back in africa? i think i would have expected less modern things there too. we just never know do we. thank you again for sharing. God bless you abundantly. love ninipac.
ok we have another blonde joke: ready?
2 blondes are discussing which is closer,florida or the moon......... the one blonde says" duh ,the moon is closer. cuz you can see it!!!!" haha np
sweet! im so happy that your home safe! i already miss ya dude!! czech sounds like fun! i wish i could go....i dont really have much to say cuz its been a long weekend and im tired!!! but yeah i love you infinity and beyond! have fun with brianna...i wanna c some updates with her in some pics! well tell her hi and miss her and love her infinity and beyond too!! tell everyone hi! and tell your parents thanx for everything! tell evan hi!
HALLELUJAH, HALLELUJAH!!!!! I can just hear the choir singing...LAIN HAS FINALLY UPDATED!!!!! What do we owe this pleasure!?!?!?!?! Lol well i'm glad to see that you guys are home safe, and all is chicken and beans....glad you had an awesome time in Europe! And glad to see some pics of it. Your crazy ya know? Yours pics are never dull....hahaha i see that you put the joke up :) my mom was pretty happy about that...well tell Brianna HELLOOO!! and your parents too, it was great to see you guys...and tell Evan we miss him in the office and that I AM WORKING HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love you Lain!!!! :) :)
alainna alainna!!! thank you soooo much for updating!! I have been waiting and checking everyday for this moment!!! :) man czech sounds GREAT!!! I would love to go and visit someday!!! What an experience!!! Well I love you sooo much and miss you!
Post a Comment