Monday, May 01, 2006

Happy May Day!




Hip Hip Hooray! We had our very first service on our very new land on Sunday!! We set up the yellow and white tent that we have been using! It was a BLAST! Two new people got saved and we had TONS of visitors! It being our first time at this land I was amazed at how many people we had, about 200. Seriously though at least 1/3 were visitors and not all kids! We also had tons of Masai. They are in the picture with my dad. These Africans are wonderful. They stay true to their tribe and refuse to conform to the modern world. They really do have such sweet and tender spirits!

After service we took down the tent. That was a lot of fun. Then today the men and some women continued clearing the land. About 20 people showed up to help! It is a great time to fellowship and for people to get grounded. Coming to work at the church is also really good for the workers because they are getting away from their normal routine and people they see. It is amazing how many people have gotten saved since we moved to the new land! I know God is going to do GREAT things! He has already started opening many doors for us.

One of the huge under taking that the church took on today was fixing the road leading to our church. You will see in one of the pictures (I put it on here last minute so I hope it is ok, it is a nice big picture, if you want to click on it to see it bigger) they have those huge rocks. You wouldn’t think it was a road how it looks, actually it looks like that is what you would want to fix! But it really is what we are fixing it with and everyone was busy passing rocks around and placing them to make our new road!

We are busy bees over here and I have a super busy day tomorrow. I am volunteering at a school! So I will post everyone later! Buh-bye!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Alainna, I am really happy that you guys finally got a new piece of land. Also that you had your first service. Praying for you guys always. Talk to you later. Bye. Joel

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!! IM SO HAPPY TO HEAR THAT EVERYTHING IS GOING WELL THERE IN AFRICA. GOD IS THE BEST. WELL I WRITE LATTER. LOVE YA!
TIL NEXT TIME...........

stinky cheese