Friday, April 07, 2006

S.O.S


Save Our Ship! I have some very important news and i can't wait to get a better picture! Last night we had a terrible rain storm! Actually it was a much needed rain storm for us in this drought. But, our entire tent and the compound is flooded! I mean we cannot step inside the gate without getting water up to our knees! No where in the compund! I am not sure how that is gonna work for tommorow's youth meeting or even Sunday services! But pretty much out church is under water. Well...the ground level part anyway! This is one of those things that you are not supposed to laugh at but being stressed doesn't help either so you really just gotta laugh at the fact! I might be wearing my surfer shorts to church on sunday...maybe a breeze will come and i could catch a wave! Seriously now, please pray for it to all dry ok and that all the money invested on rock for our compound doesn't get completly buried away! This really is a big deal. People have been flooded out of their homes and Pastor Safari said their beds are literally under water. I think we are going down there tommorow to see what can be done! This is really hurting me! To think of all our church people right now, not having a warm bed or place to sleep! i am not sure how they do it! Please pray for us down here!

I also have some information regarding Mrs.Susan. She had to go to the dentist today. She has never been to one before, never heard about anyone other than my family going to one, never sat in a dentist chair and never gotten a tooth pulled...i repeat, she had to have a tooth pulled today! She was in extreme pain in her mouth, crying and everything. So my parents took her to the dentist and she was SO scared! I felt very bad for her! (i was at home dealing with crazy security people, but i heard the stories of this traumatic experience.) The tooth was very infected and it is good we got her in when we did. She is doing much better now, and resting. She also needs you prayers!

Today has been a crazy day! I had a few break throughs in Algebra...yeah! But other than that, we are ready to go to bed and start a new day! Keep us in prayer! It works!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Alainna, sorry about your church getting rained out. I hope that it all dries up really well. I will be praying for everything to go well. Talk to you later. Bye.

Anonymous said...

GOD KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING, HUH? HE JUST KEEPS SHOWING HIS HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOVE YOU GUYS!