
Happy New Years!!! It was so funny that I went into the new year 10 hours before all of you! I entered the New Year, slept for the night, woke up got ready for church, talked to Bri, and taught a Sunday school lesson ALL before you even entered the New Year!!! I looked at my watch @ 10:00 in the morning here and said Happy New Year for all of you!Mohrmann clan, I just want you to know that I didn't break tradition! I took a ball ornament from my mom's tree and through it in the fire place... I dropped the Big Ball!!! (see pic) It was quite funny cause we didn't realize the balls were made of plastic so they didn't really break they just bounced out and all over the living room (Evan threw one also) but that was good in the long run cause my mom was already having a hard time giving me a newly bought ball to break! So, even though I didn't have a ball that broke I still dropped one! Possibly next year we will be able to drop one together again... "together again" sing it!
Ok, well I have a hilarious story to tell (it is possibly one of those things that you have to be there to make it funny but it is amusing no matter what!) That little girl in that pic up there is Esther. Esther is the youngest girl in my Sunday school, she is two. This little girl makes me laugh so hard by her mannerisms and how chubby she is! Anyways, for the past couple of weeks she has been coming and sitting by me every service. Usually I take baby Daisy outside cause she is fussy during altar call! So every time I walk outside Esther follows me, carrying my Bible. When I stop to peek in and watch the service Esther always comes up to me and gives me my Bible (obviously I am carrying a baby so I can't very well carry the baby and the bible while the baby is crying!) So I take the Bible from her and in an exaggerated voice say "OH THANK YOU ESTHER!!!!! That was so Kind of you!" then I give her back the Bible and she walks into the service, very proudly I may add, with it and sits down. About 2 1/2 minutes later she returns and hands me my Bible. So again I say my exaggerated speech, etc. Well that goes on for about 5 or 6 times. Then altar call is over and I take my bible and we leave. But she has been doing this for the past 4 or 5 services! She is adorable!
Well I just spent a LONG time figuring out HTML code and have successfully (hopefully) changed all of the fonts on this page. Please notice them, if they are changed. If they aren't just tell me they are or don't say anything :0)...joking!!
You know I have been looking forward to the year 2006 since I was ten and found out about the states quarters. I have had no interest whatsoever in the states quarters except for Colorado and now I am not even there to collect one! Isn't that nutty!
Well, I love it when you all leave comments so feel free to do so (notice when you hover over the comment button it turns green, I did that :0) I will talk to you all later!! Miss you tons!
2 comments:
hey alainna! i'm glad u didn't break the tradition of breaking the ball!!! good times good times! it's crazy that we did that a whole year ago! i can't believe it's 2006!!! when i was taking notes in service this morning it was wierd writing 1-1-2006!!! well we r going over to the marshall's now so i am going to conclude my comment-even though this is more like an email not a comment-but ne ways tell everyone happy new year and i love u all!
jess
Hey lain,I just love your tradition of the ball dropping. Tell everyone I said Happy New Year! You also have a great year yourself. I'll cath cha later Aligator!!! Lov you!
Nicole
Post a Comment