Saturday, December 31, 2005

Going to the mattress’

Hello Troops, this is General Lain speaking. Although please address me as Mam General Lain Mam! The past few days I have been scouting out the territory for which I have landed on for the past year. Surprisingly, I have found another world which was very delightful indeed! It was the Land of Narnia, where all animals speak and the wicked witch was trying to take over the land! I watched this battle and it was most wonderful! (It followed the book almost precisely, not like love comes softly!!!) It was a very enchanting land and I would certainly encourage other travelers to visit this land in upcoming travels to the local Cinema. Before I came about the land of Narnia I set out on an adventure to Mrs. Susan’s palace (pastor Safari and his wife's apartment.) My mother had set out on a challenge to teach Mrs. Susan how to cook Vegetable soup (just like my Nanny makes it, if you have ever had hers you will most certainly know why they wanted to learn how to make it!) She was very successful at making this wonderful pot of soup for our army recruits here and we were all filled up within no time at all! I think we may have found a new cook for the kitchen, Mrs. Susan was a natural…don't take me wrong she has cooked before just never a gigantic pot of Nanny's Super soup!!
Now we are going strong into the battle of the next year! We will be kicking the devil's butt with an all night prayer meeting tonight (also called a "Kesha", although I won't be attending the entire time...I NEED my beauty sleep) Then on Monday not only do I begin the week off with the Battle of School, but I am also going to accompany my General Daddy in the Battle of Fasting for 6 days....yup, that wasn't a typo, I will be fasting for SIX entire days! I know you would all be willing to fight this battle side by side with me, but troops this is a one man, or in my case woman, fight! I am determined to go all the way! I must be off now, until next time, I salute you...!
(sorry I know I wasn't very good with the "military" theme so if anything just doesn't make sense, I tried!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey alainna! wow!!! i can't believe ur doing a six day fast!!! i don't think i could ever do that! u r a brave woman! well have a great new year! love ya!
jess

Anonymous said...

Hey lainna, I just wanted to say good luck on that Six Day Fast. Thats is something I should try this year because I can only do it for maybe three days.Anyways, Good luck, I have full faith in you!
Nicole