G’Day Everyone! Well this is a much needed update! Wow 3 weeks have gone by, even though I wish they would have stayed, and in these past 3 weeks I have had a BLAST! It all started on July the 4th when my plane landed on the wonderful runway of Denver International Airport. From that moment there still hasn’t been a dull moment in my life. While I was in Colorado Springs I had such a great time words aren’t enough. While I am in school here I constantly feel like I am trying to fit in and be liked (otherwise I resort to being a loner.) When I am in Springs it is so the opposite I am amazed. I feel so loved! People actually come up to ME and start talking instead of the other way around. When I am out to eat with a group of youth I am not just staring at my watch waiting for someone to come and pick me up, I am staring at the watch praying time would go by SLOW! There is never a lack of someone to talk to and everyone is always, for the most part, nice to me! I LOVE COLORADO SPRINGS! In Colorado Springs I am “in the know” as you would put it. You see at school hardly anyone tells me anything except when I ask for the time. I felt so apart of things there! Thanks to EVERYONE! I mean WOW thank you thank you thank you for being so welcoming! I am sorry if I get abrupt sometimes I really don’t mean to, or if I don’t pay attention when you are talking, or if you ask me to do something and I don’t do it. Please forgive me because I promise it isn’t intentional. I have no feelings of hatred or dislike towards anyone there and I am sorry if I have hurt anyone or made them feel bad! I am truly grateful towards every single person who talked to me while I was there, even if it was just a simple hello it makes me feel so apart of things! I even got to sing in the youth choir and do a newsletter entry while I was there!
Camp, WOW! The services at camp were great. I may just be partial but my dad kicked butt! The devil was surely stomped in those services by God’s mercy. The services were amazing and God touched so many lives. On the last night when testimonies were given I couldn’t believe all that God had done in the lives of so many “all ye of little faith huh?” During altar calls when you look around and there aren’t tons of people crying or slain in the spirit you get to wondering but man did God knock out some of the devil’s teeth! God really touched me and gave me a refreshing while I was there. I am so grateful to God for all he has done at this years camp. Now comes the real test as camp is over we need to continue striving for more and more! We hear it every year but we truly need to contend.
Besides services the activities of the day were so much fun. We did have a lot of free time but I was so greatful for it. We had some time to play an AWESOME game of Futball or Soccer. I still have some minor battle wounds from that game :0). Then some volleyball, dodge ball (woot woot), kick ball, and SWIMMING. Those water slides were evil but definetly FUN! Camp was super duper!
After camp there wasn’t a whole bunch of time to do stuff since I was leaving the following Monday but we crammed in a trip to Elitches, some fierce shopping, bible study (WHICH WAS SO MUCH FUN!), hot wings, choir practice, youth, naps, tv, and all that great stuff.
SMILES go out to Brianna for all of her miles she spent on me. She took me anywhere and EVERWHERE the entire trip.
This blog has now come to an end…wow it isn’t very interesting maybe next time I should try to put a theme to it like I don’t know…any ideas?
Friday, July 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hi i think your blog is very interesting. glad your trip here was so good. and i heard that the devils butt did indeed get kicked at camp!!!!!!!!! you are loved. np
hey lainster!!! i miss u!!! it was fun with u here!! it was a blast spending time with u...cuz u know how to have fun!! yippee!! camp was really great...and again i say, ur dad did a fabulous job!! tell him thanx for those awesome keychain things...they rock! u r loved lain! thats why everyone was so welcoming to u! we werent putting on an act either! we love u so!!!!! well im glad u had fun while u were here...i wish i couldve gone to elitches with u but spending time with my family was fun too....can wait to see u in a few months! love ya mucho mucho! tell everyone hello!!!
Yo, Alainna. Check your email please.
Post a Comment