




It’s happening! Two years ago at this time we had no land, no converts, no tent, and conference was only a few months away…we didn’t know what we were going to do. Since we’ve taken one bold step of faith in 2005 to start church in the “icky poopoo land” as it was dubbed, with 25 chairs God has truly shown himself. God has brought us far. Looking back we had a tremendous year on a small plot with they small tent, then God literally flooded us out onto a bigger piece, and now we have been shoved to extend the tent. By shoved I mean we are pretty much falling out of the sides of the tent as it is. Today we had around 5 people saved. God is surely moving.
So today was one of the most thrilling days of my entire life. The tent has
come down. There were about 40 strong men that stayed after church to help take down the tent and they really worked. Some of those guys are really really strong too! So the tent came down little by little. There was one point when I was taking pictures that I was far off in the field so I could barely hear the people talking in the tent but when the middle post came down all of the men suddenly scattered like ants and I heard Kenny yell “Men DON’T BE AFRIAD” I kinda had to laugh. Taking down the tent took only like 2 hours! It was really fun! Tomorrow they are going to wash the tent then Tuesday is the real fun, and exhausting day…putting it back up!

I know this post is short but I am extremely tired after today. Let me just explain the Missionettes pictures then I will be on my way to beddy bye!
Wednesday Missionettes we had a huge adventure that I am not sure of how to even describe. I had this brilliant idea that in Missionettes we would decorate cupcakes. At first when I thought of this I thought I could do the “cooking” lesson with that and it would fit in perfectly but after reading the cooking lesson there was too much talk about fridges, microwaves, blenders, stoves, and all that stuff that they don’t even know what it is. So I opted for decorating cupcakes as a “Fun Night!” A fun night it was those girls had never even seen someone decorate a cake, and possibly had never had a cake with frosting on it. We had a blast! They loved it so much! Actually, I know they had never had frosting before. You could tell they were simply so happy just to decorate that and they ate those cupcakes so fast. They didn’t even know how to take the paper off the side of the cupcake! Isn’t that precious! They had a night of learning how to decorate cupcakes and it was very very FUN!

The pictures pretty much speak for themselves I believe I am extremely tired. Hence, I must hit the sack! Love you all bunches thanks for keeping on my toes with these blogs!

So today was one of the most thrilling days of my entire life. The tent has
come down. There were about 40 strong men that stayed after church to help take down the tent and they really worked. Some of those guys are really really strong too! So the tent came down little by little. There was one point when I was taking pictures that I was far off in the field so I could barely hear the people talking in the tent but when the middle post came down all of the men suddenly scattered like ants and I heard Kenny yell “Men DON’T BE AFRIAD” I kinda had to laugh. Taking down the tent took only like 2 hours! It was really fun! Tomorrow they are going to wash the tent then Tuesday is the real fun, and exhausting day…putting it back up!
I know this post is short but I am extremely tired after today. Let me just explain the Missionettes pictures then I will be on my way to beddy bye!
Wednesday Missionettes we had a huge adventure that I am not sure of how to even describe. I had this brilliant idea that in Missionettes we would decorate cupcakes. At first when I thought of this I thought I could do the “cooking” lesson with that and it would fit in perfectly but after reading the cooking lesson there was too much talk about fridges, microwaves, blenders, stoves, and all that stuff that they don’t even know what it is. So I opted for decorating cupcakes as a “Fun Night!” A fun night it was those girls had never even seen someone decorate a cake, and possibly had never had a cake with frosting on it. We had a blast! They loved it so much! Actually, I know they had never had frosting before. You could tell they were simply so happy just to decorate that and they ate those cupcakes so fast. They didn’t even know how to take the paper off the side of the cupcake! Isn’t that precious! They had a night of learning how to decorate cupcakes and it was very very FUN!

The pictures pretty much speak for themselves I believe I am extremely tired. Hence, I must hit the sack! Love you all bunches thanks for keeping on my toes with these blogs!


7 comments:
Hey love this is nemo here..lol I love it. Also along with this very much exciting post. Words can't explain oh totally at aww I am with all that is going on there. you know I just can't wait to see all that God has once the tent goes back up. Praise God we are gonna have a revival. AMEN!!!! As far as the missionette, you are doing soo well, actually awesome with those kids. They look so happy and its amazing. Making cupcakes looked like an adventure and a half with them. That is always exciting. I love you all so much and I can't wait to see another post with more people saved. The Grace of God is something else. What an awesome God we serve. I love you all! Love you bunches babe:) You guys are always in my prayers!! Tell everyone I said Hello! LOVE U:)
Nicole
Alainna,
Such exciting stuff- and the best is yet to come!!! Love ya.
hey beautiful hottie!! man ur blogs just make me realized how blessed we really are....God has really shown me His love and His power through u and your family and the kenya church...you guys are such an encouragement to us all...u guys have stood by the stuff no matter how hard it got and that says a lot about your integrity!! i love you!! thanks for being an inspiration to me! i hope u guys have fun setting the tent back up!! and cleaning it too! how are you gonna do that? a hose or something? well have fun and love ya i.a.b.!! talk to u laters! and tell everyone i said hello! and give the girls(your mom and reese) a kiss for me and tell your mom to give you one from me too! adios
oh yeah...thanx cuz now i really want a cupcake but i dont have any!!!! oh well..maybe i will make some tomorrow!! kay bu bye now
Looks like fun, fun, fun! Those cupcakes look extremely good! I'm with Jenna, now I want some :) God is a good God isn't He? He has done amazing things there, and that's only from what I've seen and heard. I'm sure there's more. Praise God! Thanks for keeping up with the blog, I could learn from you :0). Love you! Tell everyone hello! Ttyl
I love this post. It is sooo exciting to see how God is using you guys over there. I can't wait to here what happens after the tent goes back up. Tell you mom and dad we say hello. it is great that you can adapt the missionettes to african style. Let me know if you guys can use anything--T-shirts or things.
God Bless
Lynda
Yo, Alainna. Check your email please. God bless.
Post a Comment