Sunday, November 12, 2006

Hey!




Every journey comes to end. And after a very long two weeks, ours has. We signed the adoption papers on Reshma. Now all of her papers and our papers must go to the courts to be approved by the judge and we will be able to bring her back no later than in three months. One of the hardest moments of my life was leaving my little sister in Mumbai. Even though she has lived there her entire life…it was still unbearable.

On the positive end I am so happy to be back in Kenya! Mumbai was a blast but it was very dirty. Every part of Mumbai was as dirty and smelly (if not worse) as the depths of the slums here in Kenya. I was very surprised! The people there are one of a kind! They are so polite and very nice! Every one wants to lend a helping hand and do something to assist us Americans in need! We had a great time with the people. The men there have a small…well actually a large staring problem and wondering eyes really had me uncomfortable. BUT…regardless, we had a good time.

The markets there are wonderful! I bought way too much stuff but it was so fun! I got tons of bangles, and 3 indian dresses, purses, and SHOES! The prices there are just like Kenya expensive until talked down then very CHEAP! We got some really good deals.

Since I’ve been back we have been kinda taking it easy and resting. Yesterday I did have kids play practice and not one child showed up. They all said they didn’t know we had practice…but today (Sunday) we had practice during service and the turn out was great. The kids learned almost 2 full songs and did so good! I love working with the kids I really am thrilled to be able to do this work with the kids here!

So how is Colorado Springs…and every where else? I hope everyone is doing good after conference and a busy year! If you get a chance send me a line! I’d love to hear from yal! Have a brilliant day!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello. glad you had a good time.welcome back to africa.those 3 months will fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we are fine, God is good. love you all bunches! ninipac

Anonymous said...

yo yo yo!! man i just love her so much!! i love seeing pics of her! she is definitely gonna fit in with you guys!! ABSOLUTELY!! dude! your so hot! if i was a guy i would look at u too!! just joking but you are really beautiful! especially in that pic of u! woot! woot! im glad everything with reshma is so far so good! i know God will work everything out for the best...cuz He's a great God! well i guess i will talk to you laters! cant wait to see u at christmas!!! love ya infinity and beyond!

jess said...

i bet that was really hard leaving her but how exciting to have a new member of the family! man me and raych know EXACTLY how u feel! the guys here have a serious staring problema!! the cairopracters(spelling?) have a good job adjusting all the necks down here! but neways i bet u guys did good weelin and dealin! You guys r the best at it! i always remember exchanging stuff with ur family! if i ever needed someone to fight for me to get something exchanged it would be mom #2!! :) well have a good day and i love u soooo much!

Anonymous said...

That is so exciting that you guys are so close to being able to take her home! She is just adorable (sp)I will keep praying for you and your family.

Chantelly said...

Don't worry Lain! Those three months will seem like two seconds, when she finally gets to come home and live with you forever! It was good talking to you today :) I think all guys in other countries have serious staring problems! Well everything is good here, just church and practice, practice, practice! Like you! What kind of play are you doing with the kids? That should be fun, lots of hard work, but fun!! I'll be praying! Love you :)

Anonymous said...

She Is The Cutest!!! looking at you I could wear you clothes!!! You Look AWSOME G2G Call ya soon!!!
:)