I have a story to tell. Behind all of the paranoia of mothers, daughters, and friends alike there is a story. Not one that starts and ends without a finale or a plot but one that is like that of a true story which starts somewhere and is continues to this very day. It all started in a baby dedication service…
“And what is the little girl’s name” Pastor Jones looked down upon a four year old child as he was laying his hand upon her head.
“My name is Galactica.” The little girl replied.
“So we don’t just have names like Sue and Jane anymore do we?” Pastor Jones said into the microphone with a snicker.
At the back of the church were five girls laughing, one of them being myself. We all had something to say about this sweet little girl named Galactica who was in my Sunday School class. She was quiet and charming with a very unique name.
TWO WEEKS LATER
Intro music begins to play
“Girls and Boys welcome to Homework Hotline. The show where we answer any of your homework questions and needs!” The man said from the T.V. at the Mohrmann’s House.
“Jess, Kristin come down here Homework Hotline is on I should totally call in!” I yelled up the stairs.
They both came down and without skipping a beat we all decided I should call in as Galactica the THIRD. I had a question about decimals and was eager to ask. Here is how the call went:
Ring Ring “Homework Hotline what is your name”
“Galatica the Third but please don’t forget the third because many people do forget it and it hurts my feelings” I said in a squeaky voice as Kristin was laughing at me.
“Ok Galactica, and where are you calling from?”
“Fountain”
“Ok please hold and wait until we can take your call.”
I waited for about 15 minutes and they never got to me. We had to make a run to Wal-Mart so I was never able to ask my decimal question.
TWO YEARS LATER
I left some really stupid comments on my own blog and that of Jess’. Believe me, I learned my lesson on that one, but call me dumb I still like the name “Galactica the Third.” So there is the story, now when you see things with Galactica third on them you will know it is me! Toodles!
-Galactica the Third
Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Thank You so much for this explanation! You see i very much enjoy my name also and even though i act like a 3 year old fool under this alias...dude its fun! many thanks!
Thank You so much for this explanation! You see i very much enjoy my name also and even though i act like a 3 year old fool under this alias...dude its fun! many thanks!
alainna!!!! you have me in tears right now i'm laughing sooo hard!!!! good times good times!!! i love it!
Hey Lainna!! I have decided to try and be better at leaving comments! Who knows how long that will last knowing me though! I just tryed to leave one on jess' but it didn't work and i am sooooo frustrated cause it was a big ole' long one too!!!! UGH!! Oh well, i will try tommorrow!! I love the Galactica story!!!! I remember that...That was sooo hilarious!! too bad we could never finish the phone call though huh? It's like a story without answers now! Maybe someday.....! lol Well i gotta go. Love ya!!
that helps a whole lot! thanx beautiful hottie! or should i say galactica the third! peace love and chicken grease!
Okay....let me guess the five girls in the back laughing. You, Jess, Jenna, Kristin, and Brianna. Am I right????
hey lain!!! its gabby. just wanted to say hi and thanks for singing happy birthday to me today over the phone. bye!!
Lain,
All I have to say about this blog is WHERE IN THE WORLD WAS I ?
Mom #2
You were taking us to wal-mart...remember! you were came down and we told you what we were doing and you were like well hurry cause we have to go to wal-mart!ohhh mom#2 you were there don't you remember!
no comment! just giggles!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment