Monday, July 10, 2006

Hmmm...




OH my! The “visitor-train” recently finished bringing their load of Holy Ghost filled sight seers and preachers. After a month and half of taking people around to see all there is to see here and experience the mighty work of God upon Kenya, we have finally been able to take our first breath. Not before having a thrilling game of spoons between the Webb family, the Jones’, and Chris. (I still have battle scars from my awfully exhilarating fights with Rachel and April Webb). This last Saturday, my mom decided that the best way for me and her to catch our breath was to try and produce our own little Auntie Anne’s in the Jones house! My mom got out some pretzel recipes and we went to work! After hours of trying to get our yeast to “foam” or whatever it was supposed to do, it finally worked! We got our dough all ready and then started out on our journey to delicious pretzels. The entire trip, from yeast to completely cooked, took quite a while! In the end, the pretzels were absolutely divine! We ate them with a bowl of asparagus soup and let me just say to all you mothers…if you want a great recipe for tomorrows dinner, I suggest you call my mother! The entire meal was marvelous!

Sunday was a very amazing day also! Some houses next to the church are now open for our use and I have taken them over for K.F.C rooms! Yesterday was our first day to try them out. Although the three rooms were a bit small for our 175 kids, the rooms are quite quaint! With a little paint and maybe a poster or two they will be all dolled up in no time. Oh, and a few rat traps are needed too! I saw the biggest rat ever and it ran right over Evan’s foot. Better his than mine! Anyway, they’re wonderful rooms for our growing preachers and preacher’s wives to learn the bible!

The pictures that I have not talked about would be of me and some of my recent friends from here. Their names are Jessica and Janene Wooten. They are sisters and are saved with all their hearts! We have really become close and I thank God that I met them and have made some friends here! The other picture, of my dear Daisy, is absolutely darling! She wore that frog outfit just for me and my camera! I couldn’t have been more pleased! She is a real doll! Mrs. Susan (her mother) said that there were three things she will make sure Daisy knows as a child - please, thank you, and sorry. The Kenyan’s don’t make those three words a big priority in their vocabulary but after being around us, Mrs.Susan decided that those were really important manners! Actually, if I don’t make Daisy say them when I spoil her I get scolded.

I miss you all very much! Can’t wait to see you in a few months! Thanks for your prayers! They mean a lot!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Alainna!! Yes, this is my absolute first posting on your blog and it is an AWESOME blog. I have seen you put lots of work into it and a long time with the internet. I really enjoyed being with you and your family and JB and his this summer. I look forward to see what God does there in the months to come.
--Kaka Chris

Anonymous said...

Lain, That little Daisy is so cute! Give the froggy a kiss for me. Dustin

Anonymous said...

hey lain i was getting a little worried that we hadnt seen or heard a blog entry latley im glad all is good love you lots.
Iya

Anonymous said...

Hey Alainna, man that is awesome what God is doing for the work over there. And I am excited to see what else God has instore for it. God bless always praying for you guys.

Anonymous said...

hey.i am very glad to read your update! the pretzel story is fun!you ladies are all amazing. i know you wil have the house fixed up in no time. we still get comments about 3 year olds walls! 175 kids!wow.spoons can be quite a wild ride huh? and that green outfit is too cute! baby is even cuter. love and prayers to you all. thanks again for update! made my day! p.s.tell your friend her name is great. (even tho it is spelled different than mine.) glad you have great friends there. God is so faithful.

Anonymous said...

I loev you Lain!! And I can assure you, that you are the God send here, no doubt!
See you tomorrow helloomooottttooo!