Saturday, May 27, 2006

Goal!!







Today was an exciting day at the church! We had our second youth meeting which was a BLAST! We had a turn up of about 30 great teens! It was a super duper time! We talked about expectations and it really helped us out to know what is expected of everyone of us in the church and in our christian lives! Then we headed out back for a rockin game of soccer...or as they would say it here "football". That was so much fun! I got in on the game at the last point and was the only girl to play! I had tons of fun! (I kicked the ball to the scorer of the last point!) It really was a blast and we will be meeting every week for sure from now on! I am really looking forward to all of our youth meetings!

I did get pictures of the tent! I had to climb a cement wall, step in sewer (my mom was completly grossed out by the smell of my shoes) and climb LOTS of stairs to get the pictures, but it was tons worth it! Hope this gives yal a little view of what the church looks like and what it is in the middle of!


We also went to our old site today. The picture of the child getting water out of a dirty stream is actually at our old church! Isn't that little girl precious! I think that was her bathing water. The old church is a children's play place! There are tons of frogs and snakes everywhere! It is insane!


Well i gotta go! Thanks for checkin this out!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking good Love Ya :)

jess said...

hey lain!!! i love the pic of the tent!!! thank you for climbing everywhere to get that pic for everyone to see!!! i have been looking forward to seeing it!!! that's awesome about the youth meetings! well jenna says she want to come visit so i am relaying that message to ya! she is banging on my drums now so i am gonna go body slam her! lol love ya! jess mo

Anonymous said...

how awesome. glad you got to play"football" and what a great testmony about youth!i have to say i would be waaaaay grossed out by the smell that must have been on your shoes too. but thanks for the sacrifice!!!!

Anonymous said...

the pictures of the tent are really really neat.wow. jennas mom