Saturday, March 04, 2006

Moments of Excitment!





I am so exhausted! The last three days have been a fun adventure…as always! On Thursday we went to look at some dogs for the church. We have been having some security problems down there so we thought we could get a few dogs to make it look a little more secure! My dad found some that are half rottweiler, so we thought it might be a good idea to give em’ a shot! Our family met the owner’s “errand man” at a store and he directed us to the house where the dogs were being kept. We got there…liked the dogs…bought 2 and headed home. On the way back is where the real adventure began, to say the least! Evan decided to ride in the back with the dogs just to make sure they didn’t destruct anything. So we are driving along and Evan says all of a sudden “SICK!” (my first reflex it to just start cracking up laughing!) then very soon after evan explains his exclamation, “One of the dogs pooped!” ok now pretend 2 minutes has gone by “The same dog just peed!” another 2 minutes “HE THREW UP!” another two minutes “The other dog threw up!” (by this time I am laughing so hard I can barely breathe) So my dad pulled over and sure enough the back of the car is an absolute mess! They did the best they could to clean up as much as they could before we headed home. Poor Evan had to stay in the back the whole time! But we have the dogs…AND we get to keep one of them, actually we are trading our german shepherd, belle, for one of these dogs! They are so cute. The one we are keeping, his name is Luke, Luke Skywalker to be exact (I had to fight to keep the name…I love it!!!)

Then that night Gail made her FIRST meal in Africa for all of us and it was really good. It is hard to find familiar ingredients and stuff here so I must congratulate her!!! My mom is just an AWESOME cook without having to try so I never considered someone else having to do it! it was good though!

Then yesterday…and today I guess. I had a Napoleon Dynamite Sleepover party with about 9 of the girls here. It was a lot of fun! We played lots of games…ate lots of food…and watched Napoleon Dynamite! The electricity went out at about 1:30 but that didn’t stop us! We found a few candles and barely missed a beat! It was a LONG night, but lots of fun! I went to bed when my dad was waking up and then only got 3 hours of sleep…that is what I have been running on all day!

The most crazy thing that has happened though is this morning, when we woke up ( there being 13 people in the house because of my sleepover) there was NO water! Natha! The electricity went out and then the WATER too! So my mom had a zillion to dishes to wash from the sleepover and there was no water! It was insane. So luckily we had a few gallons of water and she boiled some and got the dishes done some way! But it was crazy! Now my parents figured out how to get a reserve tank so we have water in the toilets and I think the showers. But hopefully the water comes back on soon!

I am really really really tired right now and want to go to bed so I will talk to you all later!!! The pictures aren’t the greatest! I am sorry…my excuse it lack-o-sleep!Ciao
!

4 comments:

jess said...

hey lain! looks like ur keeping very busy and having fun! the dogs are sooo cute! love ya and miss ya lots! jess mo

Anonymous said...

Hey Lain, I could just pic something like that happened when Avan said "SICK". Im sorry, but I laughed. They are so cute though.lol.I know your buisy, but glad your having fun too. t2ul.love ya.
Nicole

Anonymous said...

I know I spelled Evan's name wrong, SORRY!

Anonymous said...

way to go gail! whart fun evan must have had with all the doggy stuff! your mom is wonderful and resourceful.