




What a GREAT start to the week we’ve had! Yesterday we had a Birthday party of my mom and Ms. Susan. Ms. Susan has never celebrated her birthday so we decided that now would be a good time to start! We did most everything like we would back in the States…baked the cake, got some presents, decorated with streamers, even cooked my favorite meal (so it wasn’t MY birthday but who says I can’t have a say in what we eat :) It was so fun! From start to finish we had a blast! We began our fun night by eating Chicken Curry (I had never had it before I came here…it is Indian, and I didn’t know what I was missin! My new favorite meal) Then we opened presents. We gave Ms. Susan a new bible (and a case) and she loved it SO much!!! She later told us that she had never had a new bible before, all the bibles she has owned were hand-me-downs. Then it wouldn’t be a b-day party without cake and ice-cream so we broke out the dessert and dug right in. When we put in the candles Ms. Susan asked me what to do with the them. I told her that after we are done singing then you blow out the candles. I didn’t realize til’ this morning that you are also supposed to make a wish…woops, I guess I need to be told what to do when blowing out candles too. The cake was DELICIOUS, or my new favorite word, DELECTABLE! It was my first piece of cake since October but I still had only a small piece then, so I thoroughly enjoyed it (and I still have the leftover frosting in the fridge for me to dig into later…my little bit of heaven) It was also their first bite of american style cake they had ever tasted (their cakes here aren’t as light and fluffy) After the cake and ice-cream we played a few games, including UNO being Ms. Susan’s favorite, we considered changing the name of the game to MOJA (that is one in Swahili) but it just doesn’t have the same touch as UNO…once played with the word uno, it is hard to change, for all of those who were wondering. But after all is said and done…all good, fun things have to come to an end, so Pastor Safari, Ms. Susan and Daisy loaded up into a taxi and were off headed home with the still left taste of chocolate frosting and vanilla cake left in their mouths. The b-day party of the year…was over…but I got to report all of the fun stuff over to you guys!
About the Pictures: Just so everyone knows if you click on them (the pictures) they will get bigger so you can see them better. I have totally forgotten to tell everyone that! The pic of me, Brenna, Regan, and Evan is a moment of complete boredness sitting in the car waiting for our parents to come out of the store. We set the timer on the camera, put it up on top of the chair in front of us and see how many different faces we can make in the camera. The only reason you are seeing one of all of us pretty normal is because it was the only picture with all of us actually in the picture. :0). The other pictures are pretty self-explanatory, they are of the PARTY!! Hahaha. Hope you enjoy them all and have a pretty good picture of my Monday night this week! Type to you later!
2 comments:
hey lain! yummm that cake looked very good....now i'm gonna have to go bake me a cake! lol well it looks like you guys showed ms. susan how to celebrate...if ne one could it would be u! love ya and miss ya lots! jess
oh lain(can i say that. or is it just for friends? i type bad and that is shorter than your full name) i found this by accident awile back and thought to check again! i am so glad i did i loved it. except the goat thing! haha but this is great. thank you for sharing. it blessed me much! hugs to brenna and regan.tell them neenee says hi.love you all. we are so proud of you all. janine
Post a Comment