Wow , you know how there are just those little things in life that really just open your eyes and make you appreciate everything else! Well I have had many of those experiences in this past 72 hour period! God is really moving here in Nairobi! I really can’t believe all that he is doing. I am gonna tell you all a few of the testiomonies and things that have happened here in the church this week. First I will start with Sunday when my dad preached about Bread. It was an “illustrated sermon” as in he had a loaf of bread on the pulpit with him. After the service he gave the bread to a lady that is a mother of 3 kids, one of the kids being esther the girl who always takes me bible…I put her in a post not long ago, and the mom went home to her husband who was sick with Maleria. And she told her husband that if he ate that bread he would be healed because the bread was holy. She put some butter on it and fed it to him. That night when she came home from evening service he was healed!!!! Her faith was so great! It really reminded me of some of the stories in the Bible! Then tonight, one of the mothers (her name is Mama Jimmy) in the church that I love dearly was talking to me and telling me that before we came she used to go visit her sister hours away every few months and worship in their church and loved it and longed for one the same. She said that she would pray that somehow a church would move in close enough that she could go to it. she said that us coming here was an answer to prayer! it just makes me realize that even though we didn’t get to put up the big tent right away God doesn’t make mistakes!!! All things happen for a reason. Another miracle that happened this week is we have been praying for people to get jobs and 6 people from Sunday to Wednesday got jobs!!! That is a huge miracle. There are many other miracles that have happened but I want to close this post with just one last story. That is of Mama Mithoni, a few Sundays back she came in to church wearing a kind of worn out dress. And It really did look pretty on her, though but I could tell it was old. When I complimented her on it she said “I came today thinking that no matter who sees me or if this please them or not I came dressed today just to please God. No matter if everyone here dislikes my clothes I pray that it would just be pleasing to God” (that is the first thing that she did that just touched my heart and made me think different when I get dressed on Sundays.) then tonight she brought us a bag of sugar cause she wanted to give us a gift. You have to realize that this wonderful woman is a single mother living in a house the size of the sound booth in the youth sanctuary. Her ENTIRE home is that size!. And she went and bought a bag of sugar for us!!!! Doesn’t that just make you wanna cry. Those are just a few of the testimonies from THIS week! Keep praying for us here God is really doing a mighty work.
Also go check out the new church website as http://www.victoryworldoutreach.com !
(I sat here for a long time trying to get some pictures on this but it just didn't work. I will try again tomorrow! sorry that there aren't any pics!!! Oh and for the people who are confused of how to leave comments right below this to the left there is thing that says who posted this and a what time...hence This was posted by Lain at such and such time, then to the right of that there is a place that says comments, click on that and a new window will open and you can leave comments there!!!! Miss you all!)
Thursday, February 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
hey lain!!! ALL of those testimonies r SOOOO AMAZING!!!! You guys r doing an awesome thing in nairobi! i love u all sooo much! i love the chickens too...dale's pretty cute! well have a great day! love ya lots!
jess
Where is the picture of the girls making cookies?
Miss you all see you soon! PEACE!
Sorry I wanted my comment to be anonymous and not my full name......That really made me mad! Well I'll talk to u later.
nikki:)
well it is so encouraging to hear those wonderfull testimonies. I love the chicken story about dale. Well love ya and miss ya ~Tamara~
Hi lain! Great testimonies! The chickens are really cute too!! I've decided i want chickens! LOL
Kristin
Post a Comment