




It is OFFICIAL! We have begun or Swahili classes and the race is on. Now what have we been doing the last 3 months you may ask. Pretty much the school of have everyone and their mother teach you the language and then go home confused :0). We called up the professionals to teach us Swahili and we are gonna be fluent pro's in no time flat! We had our first lesson today and it went good! Then again the first day of school is always the easiest. I have high hopes for this and I know we will all be speaking!! My dad has set the date of his first sermon in Swahili!!! I am telling you, we are ready and set!
Now that I’ve explained my “OH SO FUN!” swahili classes that I get to do 2 hours everyday…lets move on! The other pics on here are of walking through the houses around the church. Although this isn't an uncommon sight anymore for us, it is still touching! I love "marching" through the places our people live and praying for them, eating in their homes, and just loving them! These people are the best thing to me! Here in the pictures you will see a group of girls hangin' out together. All of these girls are in my Sunday school and they are so sweet. When it comes to talking in English they are a little hesitant at first but most have gotten used to me! Then here is a regular sight of walking through the rows of houses, laundry and kids! African are some of the hardest workers you could imagine! Assuming all the pictures loaded there should be a pic of my (beautiful) mother and Tracy (a faithful lady that comes to the church) That picture is in front of Tracy's house, she has such a tender and sweet heart...but is also very hilarious! Last but not least (other than the swahili picture) there is the picture of me sitting with lots of kids, we were waiting for some French fries to be...fried, and singing "Joy to the World" and "Joyful, Joyful" and all those good songs from our Christmas play. That was super fun cause they remembered the songs SO well! They are fun kids! Now that I have taken you down the streets of "behind our church" I shall be off now! Siku Njema (have a good day) Mungu Akubariki SANA!! (God bless you VERY much!)
1 comment:
Hey Alainna, the swahili lessons sound like a lot of fun. Have a good time with it. And I love the pictures.
Post a Comment