Sunday, January 22, 2006

Out in the nice...fresh...(dirty) Air





Today we had an open air meeting...translated...we had sunday evening church outside in the village. The village we were in is called "Checkpoint". It isn't the same as the icky poopoo land, but is close in distance...and although it didn't smell as bad, I am sure close in sanity too. :0) It was a lot of fun though! I am always up to doing things in the villages. Although it is a lot of people literally just standing there staring at you for no reason (except they have never seen a "mzungu" (white skinned man) in person before) but I have definitely gotten a lot more confident... I know the thought of ME being confident in anything is surprising, but believe it or not I have gotten more confident in actually talking English to people. When I first moved here I underestimated Kenyans' knowledge of English by ALOT! they know so much! so I have any easier time communicating and just being me. but enough about just me...we had an AWESOME open air meeting today. the devil tried to stop us and our generator would not turn on for anything at the beginning. so we sat for 2 hours trying to get it to work, when finally one man offered his electricity for a small price. we took it without hesitation and started up right after we got plugged in. people flocked from all over! I would say there were close to 700 people there. only one man got saved, but I know we will gain a lot of fruit from it cause many people told me they were going to come on Sunday! it also gave the people in our church an opportunity to have to witness and usher and do church things outside of church. All in all, it was ALOT of fun!!! Today was a good day! well, on Tuesday (Tuesday your time) I am going to have a surprise posted on my blog (it might be something that is only exciting to me, but I am excited never the less.) so tune in on Tuesday... it might not be up until like 10:00 your time. well I gotta go to bed! Adios everyone! have a great day, or night!!!

(the pictures, pretty self explanatory, it took me 12 tries, and one and half hours to upload them...i am glad they made it on here though! it was worth the wait!!!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey lain! i love all the pics on ur last couple blogs!!!! they're great! i want that recipe for cookies too! YUM! i'm kinda jealous that becca got her own post!!! j/k i can't wait till tuesday to hear ur exciting news!! well i just got done emailing u about how i need to go do school and i got sidetracked obviously..lol..so now i better really go.
jess

Anonymous said...

Dear Alainna ( I know, but I'm not cool enough to call you Lain) It is such a treat to read about all of your adventures. Mostly, it is so refreshing to tell what a wonderful attitude you have about things. It is the adventure of a lifetime, but some of us "spoiled" Americans would probably complain anyway and we all know what God thinks about complaining! I'm not sure how you get much else done with all the ims and emails, but it is great to get some news through my kids. God bless you all and we love you so much! Let's see...Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, another b-day(Lord help me), Easter, Fourth of July, Labor Day and whaalaah! Conference will be here! Can't wait! TTFN!