

What a
weekend we have had! The fun started on Saturday when I had my first Children’s Day! I could not have been prepared enough for everything that was going to happen. Well I could have, but unfortunately I wasn’t! Going into this wonderful fun filled Saturday I had been told that pretty much my job was to sit, keep kids under control, and watch everything take place. Boy was I wrong! I hadn’t found out until Friday night that I would need to prepare a meal for all of my children who would be attending. That was the first surprise. I soon got that under control with a brilliant idea from my mother of doing bread and butter for lunch! It sounded simple enough for last minute and I grabbed the idea and ran with it! After that the ideas in my mind were still that I would be sitting, keeping kids under control from the back, watching and then feeding my children.Saturday morning began one hour later than expected. Two other churches were coming to attend our fun filled day and were a bit late. After they arrived I was told that I was in charge of everything! Wow! My head started to spin. I did end up being over everything from the announcing different groups to come sing in the beginning to face painting in the end. My dad and our people at the church helped me a lot. I could not have done it without them! The entire day went really well. There were 90 children from our church and about 90 between the other two churches. It was a fun day and the children really enjoyed it!


Sunday was a day to top all others! It was Victory World Outreach Kenya’s first anniversary! We had a super swell service in the morning. Pastor Cosmas came and preached. He did a really good job and called the fire down. 530 people attended and we had 4 PEOPLE SAVED! The day didn’t end after morning service. The mothers in our church served everyone lunch. It was a lot of food and a lot of growling stomachs quickly satisfied. The fellowship and food were absolutely wonderful! Everyone was so happy and thankful for everything! When lunch was cleaned up and finished everyone headed back into the sanctuary for an inside Open-Air. Pastor Safari called up different tribes one at a time to come and sing a song. These Kenyans got so excited it was amazing to watch. They were dancing, singing, shouting, praying, more than I have ever seen! Their excitement level was at the top! Baptismal came next and over 20 people were baptized. They went in freezing cold and came out speaking in tongues and filled with the Spirit! The night ended wonderfully with a picture video of the past year. We all enjoyed watching all the events of the past year. It is amazing how far God has brought the entire church and especially people
individually! God has blessed us so much! This year has been a good one! The best is yet to come. I can’t believe it can get any better! Praise the Lord for everything he has done!God bless you all and thank you so much for your prayers an
d support! We love you so much!
3 comments:
Wow I don't know how you can handle all of those kids all by yourself. I can only handle a class room full of them. But I am glad that it went well. That is so awesome how God has blessed the church ,and how much it has grown in a year. Praying for you guys always. ttyl.
Lainnie-Lou I am so very proud of you all!!! Happy 1st Anniversary!Thanks for all the updates they mean so much to me!!!The best is yet to come!!! I love you & can't wait to see you- Mom#2
happy anniversary. what a week to celebrate the anniversary! youth camp to follow it. wow. i cannot wait to hear all about camp. you are a hero! those kids will never forget you. they will remmember the sacrifice you made for them. God does too! amazing time!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment