Saturday, May 13, 2006

Whistle While We Work!




Ouch! I am in so much pain and have so little strength i can't believe i can even type right now! Today was one of the most difficult days of my life! I have never worked so much! For those of you who think i am watching lions roam around and killing zebras for a barbacue...my life is not quite like that! We have had a hard day of working at the church, which included, shoveling dirt, throwing rock, breaking rock with a sledgehammer, spreading rock around, and of course this is africa so there was dancing invloved! The electric slide... oh YEAH! It was a tough day now we are gearing up for tomorrow, CHURCH! The land is improving so much and it is wonderful to be able to see it changing slowly by slowly! I am so priveldged to be serving God here is Africa! i can't began to share my thankfullness towards my Papa and everyone who has invested in the work over here! I know this kinda sounds scripted like i am supposed to say it, but it is really coming from my heart! Today was so much fun! I may not be able to get myself out of bed tomorrow, but i have these memories to last a life time! I have to go rest now, you know... beauty sleep! i need all i can get! Buh-Bye!

2 comments:

jess said...

hey lain!!! I'm sooo happy that u guys found an alternative to sour cream!!!! that is awesomeness! I really like the black and white slide of pics too! it's really GREAT!!! well i have a really BIG update about saturday's SPECTACULAR outreach so i will get around to that hopefully soon! love ya!
jess

Anonymous said...

i like reading things that come from a persons heart. that is why i like reading your blog. it is so truthful. so heartfelt. thanks foor sharing. we are glad you get to experience it too. we are proud of you and your family and all involved in building this church. thank you for your willingness and great attitude. hope you were not in too much pain day after rock picking and land clearing.