




Hey everyone! Wait first I want to tell everyone that if you click on the pictures they WILL get bigger! Especially the goat one is a MUST SEE when you can actually see it big! ...Sorry for the intermission, now I will continue, Well after my long absence I am BACK and in ACTION!!!!
These past weeks have been filled with excitement, some good and some…not so good. I kinda forget what we have done but I am going to try my best to fill you all in on EVERY detail! After this post of random news from the past weeks I promise I will have steady updates once again, YEE HAW! I will start with Evan’s 11th birthday…WOO HOO. March 12th was a day to remember. Evan had it all planned out on the rounds we would be making and was sure everything would be absolutely spectacular. And the day lived up to almost that! We started at the snake park. This place is awesome. After finally talking the ticket sellers into the fact that J.B and Gail really are living here (the price is more than double if you don’t have a resident card, we have ours) we got to go in. The place isn’t huge but it has lots of snakes, turtles, alligators, crocodiles, frogs, all the reptiles…even a fish exhibits! In the middle of the park there is a big rectangular pit filled with snakes and these really big lizard things. This is the most interesting part of the park because inside the pit they have chameleons that they have thrown in there as the snakes food. So you get to watch the snakes attack AND eat the chameleons. Believe me it is a sight to be seen! Especially, because the chameleon is about twice the size of the snakes head. It is crazy and fun! Brenna got a little sick watching the “circle of life” take place but other than that it was all good! After reptiles galore we headed to the animal orphanage. Again we had to talk the ticket people into giving J.B the resident price but with my good looks and everyone else yelling, we got let inside for the resident price :0)! This place is VERY similar to a zoo in the fact that the animals ARE behind fences. BUT you get SO much closer to the animals in the fences than at a zoo! Like even though we were outside the cage I was an arms length from a lion with brenna, regan and the whole fam gathered around! The highlight of this place though, is the Cheetahs!!!!
“They were rescued at the age of 3 months. Kept with people for 5 years. Now they are the tamest, most friendly wild creatures in the middle of Africa! Ladies and gentlemen come inside the cage of the “tame” cheetahs while they devour their prey (a dead cow) and pet them for as long as your heart desires (just watch out that your hand doesn’t get mixed up with the cow’s flesh)”
That was the tour guides voice. Atleast if I were the tour guide what I would have said (so lets just pretend I am your tour guide!) Yup, we got to go INSIDE the cheetahs cage and pet them. Visits to the cheetahs are not always while they are eating we just happened to be there at that time! Fun stuff! Then our fun day pretty much came to an end with dinner, cake and ice cream.
Now only two things of excitement did not happen in these last two weeks but they are all I am going to write about for space reasons and because writing everything we ate, the movies we watched, the problems I solved, the piano I practiced, the crusades we had, people we met, places we went, braces I got changed, teeth that HURT, car that broke (and is now being fixed with super glue and duck tape (don’t ask!), school I’m gonna volunteer at, school brenna and regan began, and all of the above would take too long and wouldn’t be too thrilling!
Now lets saunter upon last Saturday! The Men’s Discipleship and Goat Slautering. HAHA. Yes, tourists from the other world that is what happened. We had an awesome Men’s Disciplship (I heard it was GREAT, although I was not in attendance) 3 men from the Nairobi churches got saved, AMEN! Then they killed two goats cold blood. (all men and boys who are reading this suddenly got interested :0) I am going to go into the best detail I can and if you would like to see pictures of a headless goats, or maybe just it’s head being cut to shreds, just write me and ask! I have lots!!! Here we go, 6:00 am J.B and the Preacher (my dad) woke up bright and early (oh…and evan) to go and kill two goats. Believe me they did just that and didn’t even flinch. I watched it all on tape later and some other men stretched the goat’s neck out and they took a knife and ehhhhhh. It was gone. My dad’s knife was dull so he had to do some sawing action to get the head completely off. J.B’s knife was so sharp that blood squirted everywhere and the head was off it no time! Then they started de-skinning it from neck to hoof. As they were cutting it apart Mr. Biology, one of the very schooled men in the church, cut open all the different parts of the goats body and showed Evan the parts of the heart, the lungs, ALL the parts of the inner body and was doing a good science lesson with Evan and the rest of the men. They cut the whole thing up and didn’t waste a thing I was told. Well, they probably through out more than they would have if it were just for them and their family. Our Swahili teacher’s told us that even the blood is boiled and turns into a hard consistency and it eaten. OH! And get this, the head and tongue of the goat is the “best” part and all of the men fight over it BUT by royal decree (or just tradition) the eldest men at the banquet (or in this case discipleship) get the head. SICK! But I heard the most tender part of an animal is the tongue. Although I won’t be testing that for myself! The day ended very well and all the men were blessed. Who knows I am may be the life taker of the next goat. Man that sounds sad doesn’t it! Now we are just back to school and that , boring stuff :0).
Some other very sad news that happened today is that Bo (one of the new dogs) has died of Parvo. The people we bought him from lied to us and said he had his shots and he really hadn’t. Luke also has it (he has become my favorite dog! Pray for him) so that is the news!!!!
On a less grim note, I sprained my foot today and it really hurts. I am pretty tired of writing this thing and trying to think of all the past news so I am gonna just update this thing!!!Talk to you later!!!!
2 comments:
Hey Alainna. WOW you sound pretty buisy. I bet that snake place was cool and full of excitment. Also Im jealous that you got to pet a cheetha....Well Im glad you had fun.About the slattering of the goat,I actually been at an actual scence of elk and antilope being savered away. Its really disturbing and sad. Oh about the goat tongue, I wouldn't advise you to eat that because my mom made cow tongue before and I was gaging it was sooo nasty, and they still tease me about it to this day. Well lain glad your having fun. Im sorry to hear about BO, and I'll pray for Luke. I'll email you later.Lov ya bunches!
Nicole
alainna!!!!!!!!!! You're BACK!!!! Oh my gosh...I have been looking forward to this moment for quite some time now!!!! I am very glad u r back! I very much like reading your blog! now i need to update mine. sounds like u have been keepng busy. well i am gonna go update my blog now so u can see some more pics! love ya jess
Post a Comment